Over the past 20 years people have been conditioned to think carbs are bad and will make you fat. Depending on your goals, carbs may have an important role in your fitness plan.
BPI Sports co-founder, James Grage uses bands workouts to stay fit wherever he goes. Join him as he shows you why there’s never a good excuse to skip a workout when you have bands and a couple of good places to hang them. Watch the videos and follow along as James takes you through the paces of a total body workout using only resistance bands.
Note that James uses his signature 20-10-10-15 rep structures, training the same way he would train in the gym with weights, only with bands.
BANDS WORKOUTS TIPS:
- Shorten the band for more tension.
- Lengthen it for lighter resistance.
- Results come from those moments when you’re really uncomfortable, then having the ability to push yourself past that.
JAMES GRAGE’S SIGNATURE SET STRUCTURE:
- Set One: 20 reps – First, use a comfortable resistance that allows you to perform 20 reps with perfect form.
- Set Two: 10 Reps – Then, increase the resistance. You should be struggling to get the 10th
- Set Three: 10 reps – Maintain the resistance.
- Set Four: 15 reps – Finally, return to the original resistance. This is the sprint. Use good form and make sure you get that extra squeeze at peak contraction. Do this explosively.